- read a book from one of the 2019 lists: for students entering grades 5 and up, for students entering grades 7 and up for students entering grades 9 and up (BHS).
- complete ONE response assignment
- read one graphic novel of your own choosing
Once you have satisfied those requirements, we hope and expect you to continue to read other books of your own choosing over the summer. Some additional notes:
- All students may choose off a list for grades lower than their own; students may choose off lists for higher grades with parental permission.
- There is no assignment for the graphic novel.
- Students who receive different instructions directly from a teacher (i.e. summer school, special education, ELL, etc.) should follow that teacher's directions.
- There is no assignment for students entering grade 5, although they should read over the summer, trying books recommended for grades 5+ and on the BPL summer reading list.
BMS librarian Ms. Woznick is blogging here all summer about summer reading. See the current posts below.